Saturday, July 21, 2007

A morning of garage sales, flea markets, and a hero

This morning I was up and at 'em to meet my friend Linnea at her beautiful Rainbow Lake camp. Our plan was to take the town wide Onchiota garage sales by storm. We were there a bit after 9am and people had been out for an hour already! I met some really nice folks, got a great tour of the Rainbow Lakes area....and bought some fun stuff. Most excitedly, I met Mrs. Donnelly ....of Donnelly's ice cream fame! I tried not to act star struck. I bought a beautiful pewter milk pitcher from her. Also procured: 2 camp chairs, a dresser for Clarke, an old iron egg basket and a watering can. I am most definitely NOT a collector of anything but the barn is in need of storage and some decoration. Then on my way back to town, we stopped in at the Saranac Gun Club Flea Market. This was not the place to display Manhattan pride let me tell you. I tried to look tough as some man said he came to the city once and there were drug deals going down...ON EVERY CORNER, ."every corner I tell you". I shrugged it off and said "yeah, you get used to it." Why burst his bubble and tell him you have a better chance of getting stabbed by a Manolo Blahnik heel on most street corners these days.
.

No comments: