Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Getting Ready

Hooray hurrah, hurrooh, the next weeks are fun fun fun. I really love having people visit here because the Adirondacks really are the host. You just point to a place on the map and head out...or point to a bottle of wine for the backyard and head out. Our visitors are also normally people that understand the word "rustic"doesn't mean silk sheets with bears printed on them.

First, Joe comes back tomorrow! We all miss him terribly when he isn't here, and not just because it's a pain to load the canoe on the car without him or because it took me 17 matches to light the camp fire last night. The reason we are in the Adirondacks is because the place is Joe's first true love (Here's where he fell in love) and it's hard to be with his true love without him. Last summer it was me in the city working with Joe and boys at the barn and it is torture I know. At least it's for a good cause.

Then on Friday we have some friends visiting from the city to have some outdoor fun. Because they are from Brooklyn, there's been talk of securing some special culinary items from a guy who knows a guy who knows where to go to get some good red meat (I love Brooklyn). The boys are especially excited to meet Harlan, the coonhound. Rex and Roxy...not so much.

Right after that, we are escaping for a 3 day canoe trip! More details on that later. We return just in time for a visit from my brother and his family, and then Joe's dad is on deck.

Should be lots of great pictures, especially since I received a surprise package in the mail today with a new camera! ( I bought mine from a bodega in midtown Manhattan 3 years ago at about midnight before our 5am flight to Costa Rica. It was about $50 and I think it says "OlympIs")

No comments: