Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The berry obsession

I know this is probably a city mouse/country mouse thing that I am this excited about wild berries but it seems a miracle that I can be walking along and stumble upon delicious things. I scoured our property and found 3 different areas with rasberry/blackberry and have been patiently waiting for them to ripen. (yes, i had to look at google images to actually figure out they were the right bushes). Then, the other morning I was running on McKenzie Pond Road passed an old, abandoned barn (for those interested parties, right at the top of the hill, heading toward Lake Placid) and found an enormous stash of rasberries already ripened. So today, i brought the boys with me for a little old-fashioned trespassing. We only had about 15 minutes to spare but we did some damage. This picture of blueberries was taken by Oscar on our hike yesterday before he devoured them. I plan on heading to the rail road tracks later this week. Stay tuned.

No comments: