Saturday, July 12, 2008

Survivor! Cousin Fest 2008

Boys in bed, laundry done, dishes done, mother's special medicine poured (of the red variety), rest of house sorta disaster area...but we will let others worry about that. We ruled the Adirondacks. Truly, having 4 genuinely nice boys who get along great is easier than 2 sometimes. They paired off, had enough for cards, baseball etc. I was laissez-faire on cleanliness and nutrition, to say the least. They slept in tents for 3 straight nights and as they cleaned up the tent this evening, I was fairly horrified at the debris that was hauled back. C'est la vie. I would kinda remember once in awhile that i hadn't seen any teeth brushing and would remind, or could convince one or two at a sitting to wash themselves. Other than that, it was a herd mentality. I'll let the pictures speak.

3 comments:

Juli said...

That definitely appears to be the TOP ledge. AWESOME!!!

Phill said...

So sorry I couldn't meet up with you guys - I had a bit of a work disaster that just plain sucked. One of those things that "requires all of your attention."

It seems we were following each other around - I was at Donelly's and the Blue Moon just about the same time. Honestly, always working while I'm there is starting to wear, so I may purposely cut back a bit to gain time for friends and leisurely pursuits.

Glad you and the boys had such a good time!!!!!

Cedar ... said...

those are wonderful summer memories the boys will never forget!