Monday, July 7, 2008

Mea Culpa

Yes yes, I really am here. I went back to NYC yesterday to pick up my boys and the fabulous Bower Boys and now we have arrived back, after surviving a car break down and a puking cat. But we are here, damnit. The boys jumped from the car and just started running around the property. Within seconds, the basketball was out, the flashlights were out. Heaven. Now, Goonies is on the big screen upstairs and the root beer has been poured.
The best is that for the last 2 hours, all they have done is reminisce about the fabulous times they have had here. This is what I dream about when I dream about the barn. We've only owned it for a coupla years and the memories for them are deep and rich. Christmas and skiing, and hiking, and ice cream... I hope that whatever else they remember about these years, they will understand that I have done everything I can do to make this place magic for them.

No comments: