Sunday, August 12, 2007

Westport

First a rant: I hate Amtrak. After my brother bade farewell, it was Joe's turn to head out and we drove him 45 minutes to the Wesport train station for his trip back to the city. He then waited 3 more hours for his train to actually show up. This would be annoying if it happened once in awhile but it is virtually guaranteed that the train will be at least 1 hour late. Why can't they get it right? I am sure there are many forces at work here but how I wish train travel in the US was efficient and civilized. Nevertheless, check out the cute Westport train station...and there is a theatre company inside to boot. "How to Succeed in Business (Without Really Trying)" is playing now. The boys and I ventured briefly into Westport to check out the scene. Last year we looked at a few houses there while searching for real estate. It really is lovely, right on Lake Champlain. Great architecture and feel, but I just don't connect with it - feels too civilized and not mountain rugged. More sailboat than canoe. Gov. Pataki had a house here I heard and that about says it all for me.

No comments: