Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Great Refrigerator Clean Out

So we leave Monday back to the city and we are trying to make it through without grocery shopping. I am not a freezer/defroster by nature but seem to have accumulated quite a bit. There were lots of plans dropped for impromptu fun which means meals were left uncooked. We have a few flank steak, shrimp, lamb and lots of chicken breasts so I will be doing quite a bit of defrosting during the next few days. Tonight, we had frozen shrimp. With it, I decided that I would make a heaping of pasta and Joe and I would have pesto shrimp pasta(a plethora of fresh basil in the garden, of course), and Clarke and Oscar would have shrimp pasta with a simple wine/garlic/butter sauce. Oscar declared everything not to his liking (harrumph) and he ended up with leftover bacon and bread. (I am not used to this persnickety eater thing and am trying not to make it a big deal but it is realllllly annoying. ) I wanted to add fresh tomatoes but unbelievably, my tomatoes are not ripe yet and I am saddened that I may be taking them back green to Manhattan. I am already researching cold climate gardening methods for next year...

No comments: