Monday, August 20, 2007

Late Afternoon Sunday

After our work day, we decided we had time for 9 holes of golf. Joe has been dying to get all of us out together. We went to the Saranac Lake Golf Club and 4 of us golfed with 2 carts for less than it would cost 4 of us to have lunch in Manhattan. And, we just walked on. The clubhouse is super low key and the golfers were wearing tevas, work boots, jeans, fleece; and there were more pick-ups than BMW's in the lot. And that is why we love Adirondacks golf- just the love of the game without pretension. Not to mention the stellar scenery -it was a beautiful afternoon, sunny and cool with the backdrop of the mountains. I played the best golf I have ever played (of the dozen times in my life), Joe had his worst round "ever" ( I intimidated with my skills, clearly)and the boys amazed us with the skills they learned at Sunday golf this year. Oscar had a birdie on the last hole. On our way home we had to pass Tail O the Pup and heard our favorites, Blues Noir, so we decided to have an outdoor dinner and some blues to end a great day. They played our favorite "Big Fat Momma" ("Big fat momma. She's as wide as she is high. When I make myself a chicken...I'm lucky if I get a thigh") and the waitresses came up on stage to sing backup! That's a first for us. BTW, Joe and Oscar can now unequivocally recommend the Big Kahuna burger (bacon, red onions cheese, BBQ sauce, tomato, lettuce).

No comments: