Sunday, October 14, 2007

It's like exercise

You know when you are working out every day and you think "How could I ever not do this? I feel terrific. This is fun. I am going to work out every day for the rest of my life" And then you miss a few days....weeks....and somehow it becomes this dreaded thing that is so hard to start because you feel increasingly out of shape... and you dread the pain to get back into the habit. Wow I feel better just typing that. Anyway, that's what happened with my blogging this last month. So many things happened that I couldn't keep up on and I just didn't know where to begin! So I am beginning. I wasn't sure what I would write about but now I know. How about how freaked out I am that I am out of shape in the city. I felt so damn strong at the barn, between the hiking and biking and canoeing and gardening and lifting all those wine glasses. It was effortless exercise but now- ugh - it means getting up at 5am or heading out after dinner and it's just harder to pull off. I feel like I walk all day in the city between getting boys to school, getting home, getting to my client's office, running errands. Up and down subway stairs and up and down our four flights of stairs all day, but it's just not enough. I can feel it. Time to get a plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy I feel better just having read this post!!!
Thanks for this blog Bridget, it helps me feel closer to where I want to be, a mini ADK trip for my head.