Sunday, September 9, 2007

Projecting?

One week. First, we need kitty Prozac (my sister thinks I am projecting). Roxy lays like this all day, not sleeping, just looking up forelornly. I've titled this pic "Sigh...nothing to kill." Second, it feels like we never left. Third, I have realized I've put zero effort into this apartment in the past year: my knives stink -they can't cut tomatoes, the rooms are unorganized, the walls need art, the boys rooms need a total redo, our towels are a disaster etc etc etc. I guess working 60 hours a week really takes its toll. I barely noticed the apartment while I was working. Fourth, this not having a job thing feels much weirder here -not bad, but really weird. Tomorrow I have a real business meeting and I have literally not worn heels since June.
In a week I certainly became re-indoctrinated. I got a pedicure, planned a dinner party, made sushi reserverations, went to the US Open, drank a lot of espresso. That's a pretty damn good city week. Nevertheless, I can not wait to get back up to the barn on Wednesday. I am dying to walk around the property, dying to see the people and the animals, dying to watch the sky.

The boys are stellar when we are out and about, really loving the vibe of the city. We are checking this out this week. I've noticed when they are in the apartment, they are much more fidgety, Oscar especially. Clarke has his guitar, but Oscar needs to run. For Clarke, I am happy to be in the city. There are great arts in Saranac Lake, but I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to get Clarke jazz guitar lessons. Anyone? We have stepped up and formalized his guitar here. In the last 3 years, he has had great, talented, young guys ( see Innocent Dee) who have come to our house to teach basics and rock and roll. After seeing his amazing talent and more impressively, his dedication and yearn to learn, we have signed him up at Greenwich House Music School. We'll see how it goes after hours of scales and drills!

1 comment:

annie said...

your sister sounds like a genius. you should always listen to her.