Monday, April 21, 2008

Renewal

Shocking change of affairs since I last wrote from the barn... Among other things, winter has gone away completely. To think skiing was two weeks ago. Sometimes it felt like it was going to stay here forever, the fun and the joy but I have to remember it was also damn cold a lot of of the time. It was hard to contend with the elusive chill. I won't miss that.

It is 70 degrees and sunny, the frogs have been busy and we have at least 20 new frogs in the pond. The neighbors have arrived to show off new chicks and new maple syrup. The pigs arrive next week at Dave and Joanne's. I am walking the land, looking for the first signs of my blackberry bushes and my few perennials. We brought the canoes out of the shed and are even thinking about taking a quick paddle.

We are here and we are letting the sun warm our faces, looking up to the mountains, and getting ready for renewal.

I know this summer will entail the best of last year but i also anticipate discovering new adventures of 46er Family 2.0. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

annie said...

Spring IS the promise hope and change, though sometimes on those dreary rainy days it is hard to believe in. New growth, once the dead branches have been pruned and tossed in a really hot bonfire, are the future we forgot could be ours in the dead of winter. Smore, anyone?