Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mad Hot Ballroom

For those that have seen the movie, you know that the ballroom dancing program in the New York City public schools is one of the gems of the school system. I've never successfully made it through a program without crying, much to the chagrin of my boys. I have fond memories of Clarke teaching me to fox trot in 5th grade. Today was the first competition, held at Oscar's school. Oscar's school won't be competing until June but just the same, we were spellbound. I didn't have a camera but couldn't help myself from pulling out my blackberry camera and snapping madly along with the parents. It makes me feel lucky and proud to live here. P.s. The program is founded and directed by the wonderful Pierre Dulaine, who in my opinion, is a superhero. With apologies for the picture quality, enjoy!

No comments: