Friday, November 2, 2007

Truth in journalism

We are going to the barn this weekend...and after this week we really need it. It was the kind of NYC week that exhausts you to your toes. We were out at events almost every night, the business piled up, the homework piled on, sleep was minimal, oh....and we had to call the police to report harassment by the House of Pita....
Ok here's the story: So we live in a ridiculous building in a crazy part of the city (read cheap rent), with just 4 apartments and a restaurant on the bottom floor. It seems the House of Pita is having a dispute with our landlord. Why should we care you ask? Oh, because the restaurant owners decided to retaliate by turning off the water to the entire building....2 days in a row. "Oh no, they di-it." As is my curse, I decided I needed to confront this head on and let's just say the gentleman weren't interested in my impassioned pleas. So, NYC's finest arrived and saved the day, as the boys gleefully watched from our 4th floor window. It was like a scene from the Great Depression.

Bring me the barn please.

PS. There, Jon, you happy? I'm posting regularly again. Have I won you back?

1 comment:

Laurie and Chris said...

Have fun at the Barn ! I would love to be in that area also :)