Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The First Time

Usually when we are leaving the barn, even if I want more time, I am really quite Ok with heading home and knowing we'll be back soon. This time, however, was the first time it really hurt. I really really needed to stay longer.

The weather was just amazing - frost everywhere in the morning -windy. Leaves everywhere. Just a few weeks ago the mountains were fireworks of color and now just drab gray with streaks of bright yellow and the bright white of the birch trees. The town was wonderfully sleepy. We made chili and raked leaves. We hung out at Morgan's 11, drank beer, and chatted with the cooks and servers. I plotted out my Mega Garden for next year. I'm not sure what would have happened if I didn't know I'd be back this weekend for a long weekend -here's to Veteran's Day!

1 comment:

Laurie and Chris said...

It really looks like you guys have a great time!!