Saturday, March 8, 2008

Trees

I am glad I don't have my camera because I know I would just get frustrated trying to capture the scene outside our window. The freezing rain first wreaked havoc on our trees. Joe and I just took a moonlit walk and you could hear trees creaking and crashing through the woods from the weight. We saw two of our trees that we knew were in trouble felled and then had to saw through and haul a huge fallen limb from our beautiful white pine (dangerously close to our house. Note to self: call tree doctor in the spring.) Of course, it was dangerous conditions all around but tonight when it started really snowing, the effect was simply awesome. We walked through the low-hung, painted trees, with the snow just dumping down from the sky. We are now back inside and the whole kitchen smells like fresh pine from our sticky, pine, hands.

No comments: