Monday, March 24, 2008

Papalpalooza

My brother-in-law has been living a lie. Through his years of loyal attendance at Sunday mass, volunteer work, charitable donations, sacrifice to send his kids to catholic grade schools/high schools, various sacrament parties etc., he was living among us...but not one of us. GASP. Well, unless you paid close attention at communion time, boy, you'd never know it. He's been a better Catholic than me since I have know him. My sister's family is the type of Catholic that give Catholics a good name: knowlegeable about the faith, open-minded and willing to discuss, charitable, socially conscious and kind. And they have a healthy(some may say irreverent but not me)sense of humor about it all, which is why we descended upon Carlisle PA, for "Papalpalooza." - Doug made it official, with my sister as his sponsor and his 3 boys serving the Easter vigil mass. Welcome to the club Doug!

No comments: